Sunday, September 28, 2008

Too Much Fun In Hollywood

By far one of the outstanding shows I've ever been to, the Megapuss/Little Joy/Entrance gig was the sweetest thing in town. Some of my favorite musicians are in the two aforementioned bands, while Entrance completely blew my mind away listening to them for the first time.

Megapuss consists of Greg Rogove, Devendra Banhart, Fabrizio Moretti, Noah Georgeson, and Rodrigo Amarante; while Little Joy is the same, plus Binki Shapiro. What made it awesome was the musical chairs they played, not only in between bands but also in between instruments. While performing as Little Joy, I think everyone played each instrument at least once. But enough talk, let's get to some pictures.

Although he broke up with Natalie Portman earlier in the day, Devendra was still in good spirits. I think.

"Let's pose in our brewskies."


First was Little Joy, with Strokes (drunk) drummer Fabrizio Moretti at guitar. Hey Fab, you didn't lose your pick. It's just on your head.


Next was MEGAPUSS, and here's Greg Rogove taking a break from drums and playing lead singer.


Did I mention that Aziz Ansari is in MEGAPUSS? And if you're careful, you better not buy your hummus from Whole Foods or he'll kill you.


Fabrizio back at drums, wearing Greg's outfit from earlier.




Rodrigo Amarante of Los Hermanos playing guitar for MEGAPUSS, but was Little Joy's lead vocalist. Dude's got some sweet moves. It's all in the knees.




Did I mention that Fabrizio was drunk out of his mind?


While I didn't get to snap any pictures of Entrance, I implore you to see them live, and at the very least check their music out. The lead singer sips hot tea as he performs, and bears a striking resemblance to Professor Trelawny.



And after an arduous ride back to the apartment, I found this written on my car.


And this...


And this.


Even Amelia wasn't spared.


Apparently some rebel Newsies came by, and on their way to sell some newspapers, they decided to tag on our cars with raggedy, old shoe shine- probably from their second jobs, because, as you know, selling newspapers all day just won't cut it when you have a family of eight to feed. Something tells me Amy is to blame.

Amy and Company- let it be known.

You're on official Bear Watch until further notice. If I were you, I'd keep a weathered eye out. You never know when I'm going to strike.

Anyway, such an awesome night. Awesome music (who doesn't like spontaneous meowing in songs?), awesome food afterwards, and potential future vengeance on a group of hooligans that look like these.



Ducks game later today with the buddies.

Life is good.

No comments: