Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Argentina Shoe Drop



Hey Everyone,

I had a post here a couple weeks ago explaining my trip to Argentina I'll be taking with TOMS Shoes in November. If you didn't read it, basically I'll be heading down to South America for a week to help children who, through all their joy and enthusiasm, have no shoes to wear. As per the Friends of Toms site..

Volunteers hand-place shoes on children's feet who can use them to take life-changing steps. These steps can take them to fresh water, school, and possibly protect them from life-threatening diseases.

I had to jump at the chance for this opportunity, and now I'm going to need a bit of your help.

I have a website up to help me fund raise the money required for trip, which covers everything from airfare, to hotel, to site scouting and guides, etc. $2,000 may seem like a lot, but I know that with your help we can make this happen. A little goes a long way, and hopefully many of those "littles" can add up to becoming a lot. Remember, everything donated to the site is tax-deductible.

Here's the site...

www.friendsoftoms.kintera.org/jasonfortoms

Thank you so, so much for taking the time in my interest. Please forward the donation site to everyone you know who might be interested in helping our cause, or re-post in your MySpaces and Facebooks.

The vocal support I've gotten so far has been tremendous, it's really hard to describe. My gratitude is far beyond words, I'll have to hug each and every one of you in person.

Let's make it happen.

1 comment:

nicole said...

WOW Jason, I'm so excited for you! I was lucky and got to make the very first donation! I wish I could give more but I know after raising money for Africa and Romania that every little bit definitely helps. Keep doing such awesome things!