Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Only 7:20 AM, and I'm Already P.O.'ed

It's Friday, people.

Usually it's a time for us to celebrate the end of the week. New movies are out, your ex-girlfriends best friends dad's neighbors' party, Seth and Ed's Puppet Show- there's a lot of stuff to look forward to this weekend.

Today is a little bit different.



It's delayed. 'Til next year. And I'm pretty ruddy pissed.

Warner Bros. is moving the November 17th release date to July 2009 because, according to this Yahoo! News article,
The move was made to take advantage of an open weekend in Hollywood's busy summer season, said Alan Horn, Warner Bros. president and chief operating officer. The film had been on schedule, and the change was not due to any production snags, he said.

That ruins plans for me, because I was planning on having a costume required Dinner at Hogwarts social before the film. Personally, I enjoy watching this franchise during the holiday season; it's a bit odd watching snow fall when I'm watching a movie in the summer.

So, the weekend of November 17th has now opened up for me. I guess I could just have that Urban Outfitters/Hipster party. You know, the one where you have to go with at least 12 pieces of flair, arrive with at least three friends, talk stink about "friends" across the hall when they're not looking, have a devil-may-care attitude, bring a twelvie of Pabst, and talk about the latest vinyl-find at Amoeba. You know, the one you had to dig reaaaaally deep for.

Or I could just sit and sulk about not being able to watch Hermio- I mean, Harry Potter.

Oh, and in other news, Disney's screwed its employees once again. If you were in Anaheim yesterday, you may have been caught in a bit of traffic.



Thank God It's Friday!

No comments: