Friday, August 1, 2008

Cheesecake Day: The Aftermath

As posted the other day, Wednesday was National Cheesecake Day. My original goal was to hit at least three Cheesecake Factories- unfortunately with time constraints I only hit two. More on that in a bit.

Round One: Riverside


We were greeted with this on the way in.


Initially I thought this "holiday" would slip undercover style, but it looks like everyone and their mother knew about it. To-go line (which wasn't allowed, but Riverside still charged $1.50 a slice) was over an hour long.


With so many choices, it was so hard to choose. Thinking this was the first of three, I go for the Original with Fresh Strawberries.


My beer was more than two of the cheesecakes. More than three, actually.


Ashleigh's pathetic excuse for a signature. You're kidding, right?


So busy, this guy looked like he was going to have a stroke.


Since I needed to catch Mark Teixeira's first ballgame as an Angel, we had no time to spare. We opted for the cheesecakes to go. This was after 12 seconds of opening the box.


After the ballgame, it was time for more.

Round Two: Anaheim


This wasn't a good sign.


Wait time? An hour and forty-five minutes. Since we're here, we decide to roll with it. Bad decision.


To-go line was almost two hours.


After ordering food, it's time for cheesecake. I order the Oreo Mudslide- I forget everyone elses. Amelia, however, was denied not once, not twice, but three times in her quest for cheesecake. All of her first three selections were sold out.

After over an hour of waiting after we ordered desert, we started to get antsy. Here's Amelia showing us her third nipple.


Even Alena started to go crazy.


It was just about two hours later at nearly 11PM when we got our cheesecake, which by the way was, "still frozen" according to our waitress. NOTE: If you EVER go to The Cheesecake Factory at the Anaheim Gardenwalk, avoid waitress Danielle G. I never, ever, EVER complain, but she was the most rude, unprofessional waitress I've ever had to deal with. I knew the situation with the pandemonium from the day, but leaving us hanging and delivering cheesecake to people who were seated and ordered waaaaaay after us was pretty ridiculous. Her excuse?

"Hey, sorry guys that it's taken so long. It looks like some of the other waiters are stealing other people's cheesecakes, I don't know what's going on."


Hey Danielle, maybe if you stop sitting down with friends while you're working, maybe you wouldn't run into that problem. Delivering five frozen cheesecakes two hours after it's ordered would make anyone mad. That's why I don't even have a picture of the final product. Everyone was just looking forward to leaving. You know I'm serious when there's not even one link in this entire paragraph.

I was so upset that because of Danielle G.'s laziness, we could only visit two restaurants. That is until I got home and noticed I had TiVo'd the baseball game.

Take a look at that, ladies and gentlemen. That's the future. And by future I mean World Series, and by World Series, I mean a ring.

No comments: