Monday, May 5, 2008

Tuesday Recap: 4/29's Game.



-Tuesday 4/29

Free Cone Day today at Ben & Jerry's! What originally was planned for an unprecedented nine Ben & Jerry's in one day turned into only one. Here's Bryan with the guest running diary of today. In brackets, I'll insert some of the pictures that I took, but for the most part, your friendly bearded friend provides the commentary.

4:41 Jason shows up and we roll out on a crazy adventure of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Nine in one day? Let's see.

4:43 Arrive at Jens work to grab J's jacket.



5:10 Saw this on the way.



5:18 Just got to The Block at Orange for round one of nine. Trying to find the Tustin location on Karen (J's GPS), but she aint findin' it.

5:21 Random kid is yelling out "free ice cream."



[editors note: This kid had the grubbiest hands and ice cream was rolling down his face. If not for gratis ice cream, we'd have left]

5:23 This skinny white kid shows up rockin' a Dr. Dre shirt. What you know 'bout Dre sucka?


5:28 Time to place my order. Hmm, what to get… I know- one cheesecake brownie, please.




5:39 Stop into Virgin Megastore. We comtemplate marking the parking space where Borat took down Pamela Anderson

[editors note: Here's a few pictures I took inside.]

Clearance?! What!?


Sucker.


At 41, Mary-Louise Parker is still smoking hot. Golleeeee.



6:09 Random dialog of the day.,

"Anaheim Angels rule!" - Guy

"YA!" - Me

"Anaheim all the way" - Guy


6:35 Jason starts to give me the run down on the typical OC bro-guy.

-High socks
-Dickies shorts
-Vans or Converse shoes

6:36 No sign of Dane yet, who's invited us to a game and is also our ride from here. So no more ice cream.

[editors note: 1/8 isn't bad]

6:37 Within the span of a few minutes three of the guys J describe to me walk by.

6:45 Eric B shows up… what the heck.



[editors note: Then saw this random volleyball player. Is he lost? Who knows. He kept saying "Richard, Richard. Sell thirteen, fly salsa." Yeah. I don't know. Oh, and by the way Eric brother Ryan is fighting overseas, everyone send him well wishes!]



6:59 Get the call, Dane is here.

7:02 Jason asks Dane if he wants to know what the fantasy scores are.

"I already know I'm up." -Dane

[editors note: Bold, Dane. Bold]

7:11 We just parked. Time to find me a ticket. Jason, Dane, and Korine already have tickets.

[editors note: Tickets were awesome, right next to the press box in the club section. Here's a few pics.]

Section 330, aka Official Foul Ball Landing Zone. About six came into our area, and two were close enough that I should have laid out for them. It's too bad Bry couldn't sit here.


So close to the press box, I could smell the marijuana coming from Rex's booth.


Dane likes reading the signs in the dugout.


Well, there it is. Bam!


Dane casually mentions to me how the guy on first base played on his little league team. Wow. Here we are watching a ballgame and there's his buddy about to make a gajillion dollars playing the ballgame.


These kids were having a pretty epic licorice fight.


The Big Band-Aid, Frank Thomas


7:20 Just got my ticket off a scalper, only paid 10 bucks for RF Section 238. I win. Sucker.

7:50 It's been a while, I'm starting to feel alone in my section.

[editors note: Meanwhile, I'm kicking my feet back on plush seats, texting Bry to stand up so I can try to find him. Little did he know I was placing an order from my in-seat service. I win. Sucker.]

7:56 The girls behind me start talkin' baseball, andabout Game 3 of the Boston series last week. They talk about the 7th inning and how we changed pitchers three times and so on. Now I'm thinkin I watched this game and I don't remember that. Did I mention they were eating nachos with jalapenos? Jalapenos! They offer some to the guys they're with, and call them pussies for saying no.

If you're a girl that fits the above, lets catch a game some time. Maybe.

8:05 Ya! Amelia just showed up to sit with me.



8:35 It's the 7th inning stretch, Amelia has to leave. Thanks for hanging out with me when you got off.

[editors note: Around this point a swarm of bats flies across the outfield. Pretty creepy stuff.]



8:37 I start to take a walk in left field- the family section. And while I'm there all I hear is...

"F**k the A's"

"Go back to the bay"

"Oakland sucks"


This is some place to bring the family.

8:45 Saw these new Angels fans that are obviously on vacation.



5:56 Whats the deal with A's fans and wearing warm ups? I think I've seen about three or four different fans wearing them. Is that the thing up in the Bay Area? Auggie, is it?

9:04 Top of the 9th, we're up by two and K-Rod is coming in! I don't know why but Angels fans begin to leave. ANGEL FANS STAY FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!!

[editors note: Yeah, this is something that's been bugging me for years. OC fans arrive late and leave early. Pity]

9:06 Some guy in a Clippers baseball style jersey is yelling

"Lets go Oakland, Angels suck"

Wait, aren't the Clips jerseys red?

9:18 Light up that Halo! Angels win!




Friend of the Clippers poser starts hitting him and proceeds to flip him off.



9:22 Off to meet Korine, Dane, and J. We decide to get some food after J buys a sweater.

[editors note: A sweater that is so comfortable, I fell asleep trying it on. On the way to the team store, Dane finds a finski. Ever since I've known him things like this always seem to happen with Dane.]




My best Gene Mauch.


10:14 Arrive at Tiffy's Family Restaurant.

10:24 Korine starts to play the peg game they have on all of the tables. It's her first time.



11:01 Korine starts to tell J and me the story of their engagement.


[editors note: Did I mention our waitress' name was Princess? Allana would loveee that one. Oh, and noticed this picture of Bryan in the restaurant.]




11:04 Korine wants to put this on the record,

"When you propose to a girl make sure its only something that you two share and nobody else."

11:23 We part ways after a lovely dinner. As we're saying our goodbyes Jason slips a kiss to Dane on the cheek. He didn't see it coming and looked surprised. Sucker.

12:03 Just got to Jen's. Coming in it felt like high school again when you'd sneak into a girls house late at night. Weird.

Anyway, Alena tells Jason and me the story about her ex prom date and why there not going anymore. So when I find this punk he'll find my fist in his face.

[editors note: Hey kid. If we run into you anywhere, turn around. And run.]

12:15 Just got home…what a night.

1 comment:

Holly said...

one cheesecake brownie is my faaaaaaaaaavorite!!!