Friday, May 2, 2008

One Man's Junk Is A Mexican Treasure, B&N Adventures, and Holy Baptisms! Oh My!

This is part two of the promised post I mentioned on Monday, where you can worship in a building made of- yep, you guessed it. Beer bottles. Also, we explore the jungle that is Barnes and Noble, as well as the baptism of my godson, Weston!

-Saturday 4/26

Tucked away from the happenings from its neighbors, Tio's Tacos in Downtown Riverside is quite a hoot. You pull into these wrought iron gates that seems to be a residential property, but instead is a wild, and sometimes overgrown garden complete with it's complimentary turned-into-art junk.

Oh, and did I mention it served food also?

Grasshoppers on the watch.


Cheap meals, neither of these plates were more than 8 bucks. Sweet!



Sorry Tony, it's not a beer worshipping temple.



Apparently Bryan isn't worthy enough of facing the altar.


Just to the right of the chapel stand these two behemoth structures, one made of naked Barbies, the other made of old McDonald Happy Meal toys.




And just outside the family/owner residence (I'm told that they live in the house that's in the middle of this Neverland) is Kimberley, the creepy, psychopathic doll thats yields would-be burglars at bay.


Afterwards it was a trip to Barnes and Noble. In these parts of Californy, we like to teach our kids when they're young that these trucks are a part of life.


And when they're teens, they can take those instilled values and read more mature books, better suited to their worldy surrounds.



Found my autobiography. Get it. Make me a bestseller.


Tone and Bry taking it back old school looking at a WWF history book. ULTIMATE WARRIOR!!!!


-Sunday 4/27

I was blessed to be chosen to be my cousins' son's Godfather, and on Sunday we had the little grommet baptized.

OR ELSE.


Family.


The little bear cub loves his hunny.


Little Wes and his parents listening in to Deacon Dornan, who I ended up having the most in-depth baseball conversation with at the reception. Great guy, interesting family.


We had a staring contest. He won.


Can you believe it's this freaking hot outside? Give me a break, it wasn't even May yet!


This could be one of a few things...

a.) she could be a Latina Dodger fan.
b.) she could be a Dodger fan whose name is Tina- but isn't Latina.
c.) she could be a Dogder fan whose name is Tina- and is also Latina.
d.) she could be a Dodger fan whose name is Tina- and is Latina, but hasn't realized that there is a pun there.


Either way, I think Jill was driving. :) Love ya Jill.

Later today I'll have a Monday-Thursday re-cap, where I experience the highs and lows of Angel baseball. Stay tuned!

No comments: