Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Weekend Recap 3/29-3/3, aka How We Came Up $20K Short.

Thought I'd post a few pics from this eventful weekend.

On Friday night, we celbrated Saff's 24th birthday at the Presidents Lounge at the Mission Inn. Swanky (and expensive) to say the least, but we made up for it in the honest pours (Joemm and Melvin were done after one drink) and the prompt service; so prompt that although Nick declined a second Merlot, he was handed one before he could even object. All in all it was a very happy birthday to our dearest Saffran Harris!

The lovely couple.


The fixed-gear couple.


Saff thinking about how wonderful that bass sounds.


Bryan in his Claim Jumper pose.


My good friend Ron and I.


Joe Taft.



Saturday, BG and I ventured out into the jungle that is Anaheim (has anyone been down Katella lately? There are buildings going up left and right) to move some racks into our new warehouse, tentatively and affectionately called The Canning Place. Here are a few keepers.

Saw this driving. For the photo challenged, it reads "$.T.R.I.P. ; Sexy Top-Notch Ridaz In Paradise. I tried to flag them down for membership but I dont think saw me. Perhaps I'll look into IHS.


Hippies use the backdoor, so naturally we do as well. We're building a trike, but that'll be in a future post.


Setting up shelves that should have taken 30 minutes, but took three of us a couple hours and a stop to El Pollo Loco.


This is the squeegee haka. Beware.


Our production manager, Reynolds. Not sure what his first name is, but he shows up when he wants, how he wants. Today was what he described as "business casual."




The Ever Evolving Face of Bryan. It's like watching Jupiter in orbit; it's the same planet but it looks different every time you glance at it. Let's start calling this the EEFoB Phenomena, and use that instead of that confusing Jupiter analogy.

Like, "Hey, have you guys seen Sarah lately? I don't even recognize her! That's some total EEFoB stuff!"


Tom filling out his TPS reports.




This is my still life portrait of our sales rep Shane in Toronto. You see, that state-of-the-art monitor behind me was sent over so graciously by my north of the border friend, and I'm faxing this over as thanks for his continued French-Canadian support. Hey Shane, if you're reading this, kudos, eh!


After the excrutiating work endured at The Canning Place, we headed over for some R&R at Angel Stadium, where our Halos were squaring off in an exhibition game against those stinky, smelly, grimey Padres of Whales Va- ahem, San Diego. Tailgating with ten bucks worth of beer from the gas station beats eight bucks worth of one beer from inside the stadium.

Malcolm B.


Sadly, my favorite 4th inning snack has been replaced with the Katella Grill. I guess.


Not exactly nosebleeds, but my head was a bit lightheaded after finding our seats. Remembering that the tickets were free helps me deal with the wooziness.


And here's the reason why they were free in the first place! Our favorite Disney/Angel Stadium employee, Amelia! Didjereedoo!



Following the game and aafter a pit stop at In-N-Out, we headed down to The Goat for some brew. Hopping over to The Helm, I notice that my legion of Jasonites are expanding into Huntington Beach. Good work loyal pawns. Worship the Pickle!



Sunday was a day of rest/Disneyland (which unfortunately I don't have pictures to post), but Monday was full of unexpected surprises. I couldn't take my camera into the event, but let's just say we lost by over $20,000. I'm still in shock over the matter, so I'll post about it later today or tomorrow. I haven't stopped shaking my head for over an hour, I'm starting to think that I have some sort of palsy. What Could Have Been Palsy- yeah, that sounds right.

-jason

No comments: