Friday, April 18, 2008

Angels vs. Royals 4/17 NIGHT TWO

After last night's awful loss to the perennially lowly KC Royals, I was looking for a win tonight- anything less would have resulted in a dark room, depressing songs, and ice cream. Have I told you that whenever the Angels lose I can't even watch ESPN? I dread seeing highlights (lowlights) of a lost game; it even gets to the point where if it's horrible enough I'll feel sick to my stomach.

So here's how today started.

Visited Bryan at his apartment to check up on the big guy. How are you feeling today B?



Saw this on the way over. "He totally put that on voluntarily," I argue.



Great seats tonight. It doesn't get as cold when you're underneath the overhang for once.



If only we could sign a Gatherer. What a tag team that could be. Or better yet, he should name his next child Gatherer.


Oh, poor Vladdy. Whad da madder wid da biggg baaaayyybeee? Somethin wrong wid yo itty bitty hand? Id dat why you on da bench? Waaaaaaaaah.


With the Good Guys leading 5-2, Angel Stadium starts to blare Reggaeton rap music, which could only mean one thing...

"Hi, my name is Frankie, and I intentionally make games close and cause near fatal heart attacks."



Ok. So far so good. One out. Shoot, Frankie gives up a walk. Then a double, and said walk scores. 5-3, but now another Royal reaches and there are two on, with the go-ahead run coming to the plate.



Immediately following the scored run, I get a text message.



I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed for my chest when Frankie comes out to "close" the game. If anything he dangles an open wound over shark infested waters. Oh, and what do you know. The bases are loaded.

Death looms. I feel the hairs on my neck rise...

Wait. What's this? Frankie regains composure and strikes out the batter to end the game? Doctor! There is a pulse, it's...it's a miracle!



Mathis- "Dude, why do you always do that. We lost another three people today. At this rate-"
Frankie-"I know, I know. It'll look like '97."



Santana- "Oye Vladdy, who are you voting for president?
Vlad- "Sí."


Frankie- [beatboxing]

I visit this after every game to remind me of better days, and have taken the liberty of naming her Debra. I talk to her, let her know my frustrations- you know, regular stuff.


Saw this as I was exiting the stadium. Hey Andy, write that number down!


Well in that case...



Quotes of the night. ~via the gas station

Guy: "Hey man, I'm not from here and I'm trying to get to San Diego. How far is it from here if I've got an empty tank?."
Clerk: "Oh, give or take five bucks man."
Guy: "Awesome! Then let me get some extra Funyuns."
Clerk: "Gotta have Funyuns man. Five bucks, and Funyans. Yeah man.
Yeah."

No comments: