Sunday, June 15, 2008

Grad Party Weekend

I'm officially gradded out. Here's a few snaps from the weekend.


The first party was Danny's, where I had to literally park about two blocks away. As I'm walking to the house, I hear trumpets, drums, and a tub- not to mention a voice that sounded like this. I also notice that many of his neighbors were had their lawn chairs out, listening to the banda.

When I walk in, all of my dreams come true,


Lots of people, plenty of amazing food, and great music. Dan's brother played acoustic for awhile, prompting the obligatory drunk Steve Miller Band ballads.


We dared this guy that we met to climb up this sketchy ladder, which was about 30-40 feet in the air. We weren't really too sure what it was leaning support on, but nevertheless...


...he climbed it for a beer. Congratulations, man!


Then it was off to Jilly's, where I was greeted with this photo collage. I 'memmmmmber this Jill.


I 'memmmmmberrr, do you 'memmmmmmberrr??


After Jill's was karaoke in Yorba Linda (which will be a post later this week), but early the next morning was Joemm's sushi bash at the Shogun. Plenty of people I haven't seen in awhile (Cheryl, Mira, Gen, Alan and Nadia, Lenorre, LaRon and Amy, The Godfather), so it was nice catching up. We even got to have an in-depth discussion about narwhals and unicorn mayonnaise.

"Dude, that could totally buy, like, at least a half tank of gas."



Drewby as dapper as always, but in 100 degree heat, we questioned why he kept the cardigan on for so long. Maybe he had a stain on the shirt? Maybe the shirt underneath was cut-off at his belly? Maybe it was a one piece, where the shirt was attached to the sweater? What it was, we'll never know.


The Godfather, aka my real Godfather, aka Joemm's dad- totally PUMPED about the new double disc Journey album.


White rice.


Brown rice.


After Joemm's, we headed over to Riverside and the LS Block to celebrate Domomic's graduation.

So hot outside. So ridiculously hot.


"Hey Dom. What are you doing?"


"Yeah?"


"Oh, ok."


Whaaaat? Allana Rubio sighting? Sweet! I'll take these any day!


We stood hung out in the corner of the yard where the uncles normally are at your family gatherings. You know, the uncles that get drunk, use foul language, complain about their wives, and come up with their next crazy get-rich-quick scheme.




Start with straight shots,


...and then pop bottles.


Heaven sent.


If you weren't double fisting, you were out. No. Seriously.


Congrats everybody! Now make that money...and help me pay for gas.

1 comment:

DANCEACROSSTHESEA said...

congratulationssssss! thats gonna be me soon.