Friday, June 13, 2008

Blood, Wine, and Broken Pipes

Happy Friday the 13th, fellow bears. The weekend is upon us, and it's time to shake off that hibernation.

A word of advice- save your honey and skip that new M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Happening. That is, unless you like an even-more-so-than-normal contrived Marky Mark.

Instead, maybe buzz on over to the ballpark and catch the Angels beat the snot out of those Braves, or have a bonfire at your local beach- like we did last evening.

This guy was wearing a Sleeping Giant shirt- rad!


Kate, trying her best to explain to Zoot Suit that she's leaving to Ghana to teach French, not a "goner 'cause of the stench."


My VBF, Mitch, probably thinking about Rum and Coca Cola. Hey Mitch, I think we need to catch a train?


Bry, with his best Undertaker pose. Why aren't there any pictures of Amelia? Amelia Maynor? Amelia R. Maynor?


Hey, even Melissa showed up! Spectacular!


After the sixth fall....


I decided to paddle my way off the beach...


But got paddle rot halfway through.


Just an FYI, sand stings.


Somewhere between our pit and our cars, the wine I was most looking forward to broke, and splattered all over the blanket to my right.


Then, after a brief stint on the roof in a park- Tony and I head back to our warehouse to discover that the work we had done prior to the fire was a wash. Water was everywhere, a screen was wasted, and more importantly our morale was lost. Tony was so delusional he kept eating tomatoes off a sandwich despite my salmonella-laden pleas. When I finally got home, I wasn't sure if the physical or emotional aches and pains hurt more.

That look Melissa's giving me in that last picture? Well it pretty much sums up the night.

No comments: