Thursday, March 20, 2008

We're Living in the Wrong Era

It's no secret that I would have preferred to be a traveling hippie/gypsy in the 60s, but that's not the only kind of music I enjoy from that era. Here are a few of my favorite clips from the that time, just not so psychadelic.

'59, but hey it belongs in here.


Makes you wanna grow your hair out, bleach it blonde, and shake it left to right.


Love the trumpet solo here. Beautiful.


Why don't bands introduce themselves like this anymore?


No video, but it really is sweeter than wine. Another good version here.


Where you sleep all day and the catfish play? Yes, please! I'm a sucker for falsetto. Mercy.


Stand-up bass, awesome percussion, snazzy snapping- what more can you ask for?


Good golly Miss Molly, look at him move in that chair!


Any my favorite one hit wonder of the 60s; you have to love Skitch! Oh, and here's the B-side if you wanted it, and this is you're extremly bored. Not half bad.


You know, I think I'll trade in those fringe vests and moccassins for some slick hair and some P.F. Flyers.

No comments: