Sunday, October 21, 2007

So..

I've been wondering why I have gay and lesbian banners scrolling across my home page lately. I don't even remember when I started seeing them, but I think I found out why they're there.


Someone (and by someone I mean I've narrowed my shortlist down to three individuals) changed my sexual orientation to "Gay." Verrrrrry funny guys. It's no wonder I've gotten a couple "weird" messages in my inbox lately.


So to all of the prospective gays out there, I regretfully withdraw my name from consideration. It was a blind few weeks, but hey, we knew what this was right? You...you didn't think we were serious. Did you? Oh. Oh no. I'm so sorry. I just meant that-


Maybe I should stop there.


But since I'm already writing, I might as well keep going.


I know I haven't blogged in awhile (almost three months), but I assure you all of that will change. There's been a lot on my mind that needs to be typed. For instance...


-Rap guys are running out of ways to express how to "shake" things. shake it like cyclone, shake it like a saltshaker, shake it like a polaroid picture, etc. Let's try to guess the next batch of urban euphemism. Shake it like an Etch-A-Sketch. Shake it like an earthquake. Shake it like a spray can. Shake it like a broken Nintendo cartridge. We can go on and on.


-Is there anything more crass than having a blowup Titanic to slide down on during Halloween? I mean, really, this is all we can come up with? Perhaps next year there'll be blowup Buchenwald's and Auschwitz's.


-Have you noticed that American Apparel models look so sickly? They look like tired jailbait. Yes. Tired jailbait. I like that.


-Do pregnant women get to use the carpool?


Ok things of that nature have been on my mind. I know I've yet to still update the rest of the ROAD TRIP blog, but rest assured you'll be seeing something even cooler than some internet blog with pictures and descriptions. I'm currently in the process of making a video from all the pictures and footage we got. There's thousands and thousands of pictures to sort, and hours and hours of video to search so give me some time and I'll let you know when it's up. We plan on screening it somwhere fun, so stay tuned for that.


After being virtually gone for three months, it's nice to finally be back on my feet here in California. There's really no other place to live than here. We're lucky to be so close to venues unlike some of the kids in the midwest that have to drive 6+ hours to catch a show. Here, nearly every major venue has a 5 Freeway exit.


And speaking of music, I've seen an insane amount of people recently. Let's name a few..


-The Shins (3), Incubus (2), Norah Jones, Muse, Styx, Travis, Lily Allen, Rodrigo y Gabriela (2), The Killers, Rage, The Dan Band, Spoon, Matt Costa, Pepper, The Village People, Cold War Kids, Amos Lee, and lot, lot more.


This past Saturday I saw Devendra Banhart at The Orpheum. By far one of the best concerts I've ever been to. The energy inside the building was hard to describe- it really felt like being a part of something special. Amid a near riot (dozens of kids ran on stage when DB asked them to, prompting security to freak the freak out), it was amazing to listen to such fascinating music. I mean, the guy sings in Spanish, what's not to like about that?! And Gael Garcia Bernal gave some backup vocals for a song- talk about total package. Compared to everyone else I've seen this year, Devendra's performance was definitely the cat's meow. I don't think I've ever enjoyed live music as much as that.


And yes, that's Bonerz. With a Z. It's silent.





Just a taste of how insane this part of the night was. This crazy asian girl kept screaming for her friend Kat. Here you can see her drunkenly clapping.




That should pretty much sum it all up for now. Sorry for the lapse!


Your Friend,


-jason

No comments: