Monday, June 8, 2009

Great Seats!

First impressions-

-Many, many advertisements. It's like the first 70 pages of a GQ Magazine.
-Insane food choices. From dogs to burgers to steaks and shakes and everything in between, they have everything. It's like a mall food court.
-Friendlier staff. They have a lot of helpful ushers toting "May I Help You" signs, and help direct traffic and questions.
-View is less than spectacular. I'm looking at an apartment building from my club seats.
-Geared more for tourists; and what I mean by that is there are stores here that don't belong in ballparks. Ever been to Vegas and seen that Peter Max store? You know, the guy with the ugly art? Yeah- well he has a store here.
-Prices are crazy expensive, and former locals are just now going to their first games. So sad, but it doesn't stop people from buying tickets.
-The whoring of Old Yankee Stadium. From selling seats to the outfield 385ft. wall, to 3" diameter pieces of sod, I'm surprised they're not selling "Yankee Memories In A Ziploc Bag."
-Lots of rich people around. Trust me when I say that.
-Monument Park obscured compared to Old Yankee Stadium.
-Amazing HD centerfield screen.
-Veeerrrrry comfortable seats. I think they're Tempur-Pedic's.
-I think I like the Old Stadium better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter Max, ugly art? To each his own I guess. I think the guy's a genius. But then again, a ball park isn't exactly a high-brow segment known for their good taste in art (or anything for that matter) either...