Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ultimate Mega-Recap of the Past Three Weeks

I haven't done a weekend/event recap in awhile, I know. I've been busy (I know, I know, change the record Jason) and top of that I've gotten sick again. Maybe it's because I've been staying out late, like, for the past 16 days straight- and for those of you who know me (or were out with me), you'll know that's no exaggeration.

Anyway, let's get to what the hell I've been up to lately. First, let's rewind ALL the way back to late February.

Remember that every 15 minutes post? The abrupt stopping of posts at halfway? Well if you don't, Bryan and I were posting for EVERY 15 minutes with the intention of doing it for 24 hours. What we didn't know was that Blogger was going to suspect my blog of spamming, and blocked every update past post forty-eight.

We decided to keep going with the pictures, but to save your eyes I've only selected the best of the bunch...

Does anybody else think this is funny?





We found this hat in Bryan's car and drew a Red Sox logo on it. Maybe that'll give us some luck this year.


Had some milanesa and choripan here.....YUM!


Apparently the milanesa was so good it made Bry get a tear tattooed right on the spot. Hard, son.


Happy Face x Bryan


Anything for a buck in Vegas, I tell 'ya.


And here's a video I filmed the night before from the crazies you're bound to meet in Sin City- totally just dancing in the parking lot, for no reason other than the Stones playing. Ahh, to be young again.


Totally just dancing in the parking lot, for no reason other than the Stones playing.

After making it back to Huntington Beach for a going away party, I had about 6 hours to rest to leave- you guessed it- BACK to Vegas.

First night back we had dinner at some ultra posh Chinese restaurant at The Palms. This is my camera with the about a 3436 minute exposure. It was that dark in there....makes you wonder what they're hiding.


The next day Nick got his tattoo touched up, and revealed to us the Shroud of Nickrin.


Let's just say we lost more than this dude [fill in the blank]. Weighed, smelled, smoked- you name it. He was all of the above plus other adjectives I've decided to omit.


What's Vegas if you don't Man-Up and buffet it? Can you guess which plate belongs to who?


Here's a hint.


I see a face.


After getting back from Vegas for the second time, it was the following random, scattered events...

A let's compare ID dinner at In-N-Out....check out Nails' demeanor in both pictures. The one on the right is the face I get whenever I make a that's what she said joke.


And then somewhere after impromptu ghost hunting...


Strolls on the pier...


and turning our warehouse into a bike shop...


...I'm picking up Dan at the train station and we're in LA playing with Taschen books.


Regular readers of the blog will know what happened next...


But what we didn't tell you is that we went to a good 'ol fashioned Hoedown on Harper! YEE HAW!





And just when we thought we had seen it all, the legend himself ACE BOOGIE made an appearance- with donuts! Good man!


I even got my fortune read from a gypsy- apparently I'm having multiple children with four different women, and the Angels are doing well this season. The way this off-season went, it looks like only the first half of that fortune is going to come true.


This is usually my indicator that Dan had a good night.


The following evening it was back in LA, where we dined at a sweet place called Birds, which was right across the street from this.


After the show we ate yet again, and saw this as we were exiting Swingers.


A few hours after that, we were waving goodbye to Danny. Click here if you missed yesterday's post- we gave him a bit of a surprise.


A few hours later, we spotted Obey Tom's death bike at The Block. This was the one he shattered his collarbone with, and subsequently sold soon after.


Later that evening, we caught up with Yovie, Nat, and some other friends at Javier's at Irvine Spectrum- a place where I wouldn't be ashamed to show off my new Ed Hardy shirt. Ugh, son.


After that exhausting weekend, I had a few days of recovery time to be my friends date at the Orange County Mining Co., complete with Elvis impersonator.


And that's my date's aunt, checking to see if Elvis brought the goods.


After awkwardly dancing to Brown Eyed Girl (honestly, how do you dance to that- unless of course you're at Sandals, Jamaica and hearing the same rendition played by a steel drum band), it was time to cut the cake...


...which ended up EVERYWHERE.


And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Elvis changed into Neil Diamond and belted some of his best hits. The last time I was this patriotic was when I saw the B-2 Stealth Bomber fly over at the Rose Parade.


After the party, I zoomed on over to Disneyland because I absolutely needed to know how I ranked romantically...


...but found a body double instead.


OK so there, we're just about caught up. Believe me, I had to leave a lot of things out, but to those who've been bugging me lately about posts- there you go.

Now I can rest. Maybe.

No comments: