Thursday, January 3, 2008

Year in Review

I know it's a few days late, but things get busy here in the Land of Smog. I thought it would be nice to go over my insane 2007.

-Traveled to several countries, ate lots of weird things, and suprisingly didn't get diarrhea.
-Traveled to half of the United States, ate lots of things I shouldn't have (the E-Town special, aka Slim Jim's in between a cheese swabbed Handi Snack), and surprisingly didn't get diarrhea.
-Met a lot of interesting people, met new friends, developed stonger friendships, and strangely got diarrhea.
-Continued to build a brand from the ground up, survived many of it's ups and downs, and grew a patience to realize that things take time to materialize.
-Saw a plethora of bands, but managed to be eluded by the slippery Morrissey.
-Fine-tuned my art of barbecue.
-Pulled out an old novel I was writing in college.
-Touched a Monster.
-Put out a car fire.
-Survived a severely blown tire on a freeway.
-Hugged BB
-Lost a Grandpa.
-Showcased in a few art shows.
-Went through my annual love/hate relationship with the Angels.
-Became a caveman for a day.
-Developed an affinity for Persian cuisine.

There are literally too many to list- it really was a great year. More ups than downs, and that is always a good thing. Some of you are probably waiting on Bryan's post.I think what he wrote is pretty fitting.

I told him to write about what he's looking forward to the most in 2008, and here is his reponse..

-Jason



*********************************

Bryan + Soulful + Road Trips + 2008 = MAYHEM

Let's take a look into 2008 for a sec.

-With New Years coming this week, I'll be starting the new year in Las Vegas for the third year in a row. For those of you who haven't been there at this time of year… well let me just say it's pretty crazy.

-Road trips. I plan on stepping up on my road trips. Hope to visit homies at Ohio State, Purdue, and Cal Poly. And maybe you too, Auggie…maybe.

-Jason and I will be planning a trip to Ireland for the end of next year- whos in?
And of course our World Famous SC Road Trip again. The dates are set. Contact Jason for more info.

-Work. Work will be crazy. I'll be attending a leadership program for the next six months. No clue what this means. But I had to write two essays to get into it… Wait-what? Bryan wrote two essays? By himself? Ya I know. Weird.

-Learn a new language? Some of you may or may not know but Jason thinks he can learn French, so that means I'm in also. I've got a few friends that can speak it and if J and I learn together maybe it can work. It will work. It has to work.

-As far as the rest of the year goes, who knows? But im thinking it will be full of amazing stories every week.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Bryan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you guys, Im training for a triathlon up here. You guys gotz to come to Poly!